The expecting Mother, especially if it’s her first child, can be overwhelmed by the amount of items she has to buy before the birth of the baby. From necessities such as prams, cots, nappies and dummies. Clothing is normally left until last minute apart from a few cute milleraies here and there. Definitely not enough to cope with the mess that a new-born baby makes. Presents from family and friends are a real aide to make sure Mom has everything they need. We asked baby clothing experts, Tippy Toes Kids, to select their top 5 favorite gifts to give at a baby shower.
1. Multi-packs of clothing are a new Mother’s saving grace. If you have had a baby, you will remember the extraordinary amount of clothing that a little one can get through in a week. This two pack of Petit Bateau are the perfect present. Made from comfortable cotton, these short-sleeved bodysuits are beautifully soft against the baby’s delicate skin. Not to mention how cute they look with the rosebud detailing giving a vintage touch. We also stock long sleeve versions for winter born newborns.
2. This cotton jersey with “I’m The Boss” print will get your expectant Mother laughing (well, hopefully!) In our experience, a funny gift goes down really well at baby showers. It also will also remind your friend of who brought it every time baby is wearing it, which is a nice touch. This is the perfect piece for baby boys with a little bit of character. It features comfy short sleeves and a round collar.
3. This loveable blue baby pant from clothing company, Gro, is crafted from organic cotton so it feels soft and comfortable next to delicate baby skin. A Rugby ball print at the bottom adds just the right amount of character to this piece. If you want to really spoil her, a matching baby bodysuit is also available online.
4. Not only do these teeny socks look ultra-adorable in their box packaging, but they also are super soft and are a perfect gift if expecting Mother has not found out the baby sex. The sock boxes are available in two unisex colour combinations: a) white + navy blue + red or b) white + light blue + cream.
5. Well it is not strictly clothing, but this security blanket is too cute to pass up. Made from a luxury pink velour it features an embroidered cat in the design. The blanket is completely safe for babies – even new-borns. It can also be washed in a 40 degrees machine wash, making it simple for Mom to keep clean.
So there you have it, some wonderful baby gift ideas including wonderful brands such as Petit Bateau and Gro that will have any new mother and baby smiling for a long time to come.